End of an era

One of my most frequent evening rides is to the Planning department at Penwith's offices, down Bone Valley for the primrose experienceoften a bit of a detour around Newlyn and back up the steeper hills past Trevaylor and the bluebell woods of Newmill.
It'll be a sad day when Penwith District Council disappears and we get hoovered into the bureaucratic mess of the unitary Cornwall Council, the authority we so resoundingly voted against. It will be another sad day when Penwith's offices close and everyone has to move to some soulless office further up the line - rather too far for an after work ride for me. I've had my ups and downs with Penwith but I'm glad to have worked with so many nice people there, I wish them luck and I wish us all luck with such a ridiculous change of local government