An Apology

I would like to apologize for my last post. What I said was speaking strictly off of rumor. To acknowledge that sort of rumor, from sources who cannot truly know, is at the very least irresponsible. But to publicly broadcast those rumors crosses a line and becomes outright insulting and slanderous.

I never intended to insult anyone, nor to drag their names and accomplishments through the mud. For that, I apologize to everyone involved. To the trainers, coaches, supporters and fans. But most importantly to the athletes. Doing what I did belittles their dedication, talents, and hard work. I am sincerely sorry.

Cycling has had enough trouble with allegations of drug use, and can and should do without my voice on the subject. It is a sad state for our sport when a rider's exceptional performance brings with it suspicions about their ethics. What I did compounded this problem. My statements did more damage to the reputation of the cycling, and that I regret. To those who called me out on my tactless actions, I thank you, and again to all those involved, I am sorry.

-Brian Crosby