Call to Arms?

Ladies!

...and gentlemen.

I have a general question, and it isn't aimed at anyone, I'm honestly just curious. Why don't people pre-register for races? I know *some* people do, but a lot of people don't. Especially mountain bikers. Luke today said it was because of money. So, I guess if you are on the fence about a race and you don't have a lot of money you are saving it to see if you actually want to race? What if you *know* you are doing a race? Does it save money to register on site?

Maybe it saves money. I don't think it does, unless there are online registration fees, and no late fee for registering at the site.

Is it so you aren't "marked"? I know I did a race report last fall where half the people in my category didn't get their legs marked or pre-register. I doubt it was related to money! So, what is the reasoning here?

I do understand timing issues, money issues, etc., but a lot of people seem to not pre-register for other reasons that I don't understand. So, if you are one of those people that waits and registers on site... what's your real reasoning??

If you're going to race either way, sign up ahead of time! I'm guessing it saves some time and effort on the part of the race promoter, staff, and volunteers. That's a lot of info to type in on race day, especially at the larger events.

Guess it is a good thing the field isn't limited like at Downieville, huh?

Anyway, if you're on the fence about the first installment of the US Cup Pro XC Tour at Fontana next weekend (March 28-29) - sign up now! It's going to be bigger than Bonelli, and a lot of fun. Donny at SRC runs some great races, and with Sho-Air doing the series and promotion this year, it should go off with a bang!

Check out the series info to register!

Ladies in particular! Let's show our support for racing and get out there.