The frame was bought from ebay after about 2 months of searching for a fairly decent frame at reasonable money. After some research i believe it is from a Raleigh Pursuit 12 speed from the early 80's. Its a reynolds 501 frame, not the best but good enough! I stripped the bike to its bare frame, used 'green' Nitromors to strip the frame of its paint and removed the majority of the protruding metal work with a grinder then filled the resulting nasty bits with a smooth car body filler.
The frame was rubbed down with Scotchbrite pads before given 2 coats of Plasticote grey primer. After drying the frame was wet flatted then given 3 coats of Plasticote gloss black, then given 2 coats of Plasticote gloss protector.
- A new SRAM GXP30 track crank (Bought from Schmoos, Swansea)
- Chain is a Charge Mash item in black (Wiggle)
- Cog is a 17 tooth item bought from Schmoos (the only one they had in stock!),
- Wheels (Charge) were bought from Sion (originally sourced from the London Fixed Gear forum-cheers Sion) cos he couldnt afford them at the time that i was looking for alternatives.(green wasnt my first choice but i do luv em now!)
- Shimano Exage front brake with Dia Compe cable and Dia Compe Tech 99 straight brake lever (gay or not, its staying for the time being!) (Bought from Velosolo)
- SR Laprade 27.2mm Fluted Seatpost (Velosolo) with Charge spoon cromo rail saddle in black (Wiggle)
- Tyres are Vittoria Rubino 700c x 24, standard black (Wiggle)
- Current gear ratio 48 x 17 (17 skid patches)
- Drop bars (Charge bar tape in black) and current stem are from Sions pug.
Soon to add new quill stem and maybe new bars....oh and maybe a chrome finish head set. Then the process starts all over again with a new paint job, new
The all important Reynolds 501 sticker
Nitromors doing all the hard work
Sram s300 GXP cranks, charge wheel
With a 747!
First lesson learned!